Global Surgical Robots Market (2022 to 2026) – Analysis by Component, Surgical Specialty and Region – ResearchAndMarkets.com | Business
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–February 21, 2022–
The global surgical robots market was valued at $8052.67 million in 2020, with the North America region leading the regional market share.
- Intuitive surgery
- Stryker Company
- Blacksmith and nephew
- Zimmer Biomet
- Accuray Incorporated
- Asensus surgery
- Medrobotics Company
- Think Surgical
The market is expected to show considerable growth with a very high CAGR during 2021-2026. Rising need for healthcare automation, growing geriatric population and increasing prevalence of chronic diseases in the global population are some of the key factors driving the growth of the surgical robot market globally. Also, the growing adoption and acceptance of robot-assisted minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) is fueling the demand for surgical robots as they offer better screening, higher accuracy, reduced pain and discomfort. , shorter hospital stays and reduced risk of infection.
Furthermore, technological advancements and expansion of medical applications of surgical robots such as robot-assisted neurosurgery, heart surgery, and other surgeries are expected to drive the market growth in the coming years.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a substantial impact on the global market, including the essential sector like healthcare. Following the World Health Organization (WHO) declaration of Covid-19 as a pandemic in March 2020, various federal and state governments imposed various restrictions in an effort to contain the virus, including social distancing social security, travel restrictions, border closures, restrictions on public gatherings, working from home, supply chain logistics changes and the closure of non-essential businesses. Additionally, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) said all non-essential dental, surgical and medical procedures and all elective surgeries will be postponed during the COVID-19 outbreak. This has had a huge impact on the business revenues of healthcare providers and medical product suppliers.
Globally, the demand for minimally invasive robot-assisted (MIS) surgeries is increasing primarily due to the benefits associated with these procedures, such as smaller incisions, fewer cuts, less scarring, reduced pain, increased safety, faster recovery times and considerable cost savings. Minimally invasive robotic surgery adds to these benefits by providing greater precision, repeatability, control and efficiency. Additionally, surgical robots help surgeons overcome human limitations and remove barriers of conventional surgical tools and techniques, thereby reducing the burden on surgeons and providing better clinical outcomes for patients.
In recent years, major players in the market have made strategic mergers and acquisitions to strengthen their market position, Stryker, for example, purchased OrthoSensor and its Verasense intraoperative sensor technology in January 2021 to improve giant ortho’s Mako robots. . Similarly, Medtronic purchased Digital Surgery, a private surgical AI company, in February 2020. With the inclusion of a new robotic system named Hugo, this acquisition helped Medtronic improve its robotic platform in surgery and expand its wallet.
- The report presents the analysis of the surgical robots market for the historical period 2016-2020 and the forecast period 2021-2026.
- The report analyzes the surgical robots market by value (USD million).
- The report analyzes the surgical robots market by component (systems, disposables, services).
- The report analyzes the surgical robots market by surgical specialty (general surgery, gynecology, urology, orthopedics, others).
- The global surgical robots market has been analyzed by region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, LAMEA).
- The global surgical robots market has been analyzed by country (USA, Canada, Germany, UK, France, Italy, China, Japan, India, Australia).
- The key insights of the report have been presented through the frameworks of SWOT analysis. Additionally, market attractiveness has been presented by region, by component and by surgical specialty.
- Also, major industry opportunities, trends, drivers, and challenges have been analyzed in the report.
Main topics covered:
1. Report Scope and Methodology
2. Strategic Recommendations
3. Surgical Robots Market: Product Overview
4. Global Surgical Robots Market: An Analysis
5. Global Surgical Robots Market Segmentation, By Component (Value)
6. Global Surgical Robots Market Segmentation, By Surgical Specialty (Value)
7. Global Surgical Robots Market: Regional Analysis
8. North America Surgical Robots Market: An Analysis (2016-2026)
9. Europe Surgical Robots Market: An Analysis (2016-2026)
10. Asia-Pacific Surgical Robots Market: An Analysis (2016-2026)
11. Global Surgical Robots Market Dynamics
11.1 Global Surgical Robots Market Drivers
11.2 Global Surgical Robots Market Constraints
11.3 Global Surgical Robots Market Trends
12. Market attractiveness and strategic analysis
13. Competitive landscape
14. Global Surgical Robots Market: Key Products & Developments, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Price Analysis
15. Company Profiles (Company Description, Financial Analysis, Business Strategy)
16. About the editor
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5i2d8a
Show source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220221005321/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Officer
[email protected] EST business hours, call 1-917-300-0470
For US/CAN call toll free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
KEYWORD: AFRICA SOUTH AMERICA CENTRAL AMERICA NORTH AMERICA ASIA PACIFIC EUROPE MIDDLE EAST
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SOFTWARE MOBILE/WIRELESS INTERNET HARDWARE DATA MANAGEMENT MEDICAL DEVICES TECHNOLOGY HOSPITALS SURGERY CARDIOLOGY BIOTECHNOLOGY HEALTH
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUBLISHED: 2/21/2022 1:31 PM / DISK: 2/21/2022 1:32 PM